Friday, April 22, 2011

Are you aware?

I've been noticing a lot more than usual lately that there are a lot of ungrateful parents out there...

I know, I know... "Really?  Did that just dawn on you?"

No, actually, it didn't.  There are just times in life when things are brought to the forefront of our thoughts and this is one of those times...

I've heard a lot of people complaining about their kids lately.  I've heard terrible stories of how people abuse their kids.  I've heard a lot of people even saying that they don't enjoy having kids or that they aren't sure that they even want their kids.  I wonder to myself, "Do they hear themselves?  I wonder if they comprehend the power of the statements they are making..."

I also think to myself, "I'd trade places in a heartbeat."

Now, I need you to understand that I am content with my life right now.  I am so blessed and my basic needs are taken care of.  I really have nothing to complain about.

However, when I hear you say those things... well,
this is what is happening in my heart... 

I want to be a mother.

I'd give anything to be a mother.

I will take your "brats" and raise them.

I will gladly trade you for the morning sickness and the weight gain.

I will open up my home to your child so that they feel loved and safe.

You are so blessed and you don't even see it!

God, open their eyes!

That is how I feel.  I've sat silently, mostly due to the fact that I don't know what to say to these people.  They've made me speechless.  They are blessed beyond measure and it still isn't enough for them.  They hate the things that God has given them!  How selfish!  How foolish!  Why?!?!

If you find yourself making some of these statements, please think about what you are really saying.  And if you really feel that way, realize that there are women in your life that remain silent most of the time because they don't know what to say to you.  Some have tried for years to be mothers... and some never will be...  You aren't the only person in your world.  There are people around you that are deeply impacted by the way you live your life and the things that you say.  Please be aware of that.

No comments: